Thursday, October 11, 2012

Kelly Clarkson Premieres New Single

On Wednesday morning, Kelly Clarkson appeared on Ryan Seacrest's radio show to premiere her new single, "Catch My Breath." The midtempo song with a synth-heavy chorus comes from the singer's forthcoming best-of set, Greatest Hits - Chapter 1,which is due on November 19. "Catch My Breath" was co-written by Clarkson, Jason Halbert andEric Olson, and it is one of three new songs that will appear on the best-of album.

After Clarkson premiered the song, she opened up to Seacrest about what inspired the lyrics, including her relationship with her manager's son, Brandon Blackstock. "It's kind of weird. A lot of stuff in my personal life, it kind of all came together this past December, and I kind of worked a bunch of stuff out. It felt easy and natural," she said. "I'm completely head over heels. We are taking it slow," she added when asked if she's going to get married anytime soon.

Clarkson also said that the song "represents who I've been, what I've felt, and where I'm headed as not only an artist, but as a 30-year-old that is now smart enough to know that it's time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished, but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today."

The song is streaming now on www.kellyclarkson.com, and it will arrive at all digital retailers on October 16. Meanwhile, Clarkson is is nominated for "Favorite Female Artist (Pop/Rock)" and "Favorite Artist (Adult Contemporary)" at this year's American Music Awards, which will be handed out on Sunday, November 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment