Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Jennifer Lopez Says Steven Tyler Influenced Her ‘Idol’ Exit

There have been some conflicting reports about why Jennifer Lopez elected to leave American Idol. Last week it was reported that J Lo was actually forced out by Fox after she asked for a $2 million raise, but if you ask the singer it sounds like she just wants to pursue other career options.
.
Lopez spoke with ABC News this week and revealed that it was actually Steven Tyler and his departure from the show that inspired her to follow. Lopez said, “We had magic. I don’t know, with him gone, it might be a different formula.”
.
Tyler said in a statement regarding his own exit, “After some long, hard thoughts, I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover. Idol was over the top fun, and I loved every minute of it. Now it’s time to bring rock back.”
.
So who does J Lo think should replace Tyler and herself on the show? “I think like Bono or Bon Jovi or Mick Jagger,” she told ABC News. “You know me, I think big.”

No comments:

Post a Comment