Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bow Wow Kills The Bark For Good: "I'm Changing My Name"

by Cyrus Langhorne


Cash Money Records' Bow Wow has announced plans to officially retire his hip-hop alias in exchange for going by his government name following next weekend's 2014 BET Awards ceremony. #NoMoreBowWow



Bow Wow broke the news to fans via an Instagram post and credited his career extending beyond music for inspiring the decision.

"ANNOUNCEMENT: After BET awards i will no longer go by Bow Wow! Im going by my real name "Shad Moss" we made alot of history as bow wow. Now its time for the next chapter and challenge. Bow wow does not fit who i am today. Ima father, business man, TV host, Actor, and rapper! Time for MR Moss to take over!," Bow Wow posted June 22. (Bow Wow's Instagram)

More Topics
The rapper also posted a video to let his supporters know the announcement is legit.

"Breaking news, man. After the BET Awards, I'm changing my name. I'm going with my real name. No more Bow Wow after June 29, man. Shad Moss is what it is. New era. New money. Let's go." (Bow Wow's Instagram)
No stranger to name changes, Bow Wow previously dropped "Lil" from his stage name.

Snoop Dogg gave him the stage name Lil' Bow Wow in 1993. In 2002, he dropped the Lil' from his name and just went by Bow Wow. His first order of business as Shad Moss is releasing his new single "Right Now" featuring K Camp. (Rap-Up)
In summer 2011, he talked to SOHH about embracing fatherhood and new responsibilities.

"Fatherhood is beautiful, know what I mean? I can't complain, it made me a better rapper, and a better man," Bow Wow told SOHH. "It made me see life differently. Clearly. It made me turn into a man overnight. I love it. It gets kinda difficult to [spend time in public] because fatherhood is kinda the hot story that's around me right now, everybody wants to know [about us]. I was out in L.A. and everybody's trying their best to get pictures of my daughter, so you know, it's not easy." (SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment