Wednesday, June 8, 2016

One Person Killed in Shooting Near High School in Boston

One person was killed and three others were injured in a shooting near a high school in the Dorchester neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon, the Boston Police Department said.
The Boston police commissioner, William Evans, said that the person who was killed was a 17-year-old student of Jeremiah E. Burke High School.
Myeshia Henderson, a spokeswoman for the department, said that two other people, both in their late teens, had suffered injuries that were not life-threatening. A woman in her 60s was treated for a graze wound at the scene, Ms. Henderson said.

Tax Bill Could Slash Millions Off Prince's Estate

By the time the tax man gets done, there might not be much of Prince's estate left to fight over, lawyers in the probate battle over the pop superstar's millions said Tuesday.

Image result for princePrince — full name Prince Rogers Nelson — is believed not to have left a will when he died April 21 at age 57 of opioid toxicity. That means a Minnesota judge has some hard decisions to make as several relatives and at least one federal prison inmate battle it out over who's his rightful heir.

And as lawyers for the company overseeing the estate pointed out Tuesday, all of it must be sorted out by Jan. 21, when the bill comes due to the IRS and state tax authorities.

Douglas Peterson, an attorney for Bremer Trust, the wealth management firm appointed to manage Prince's estate, told Carver County District Judge Kevin W. Eide that Uncle Sam and the state would be due taxes equivalent to half of the cash value of the estate, which has been estimated by various experts at as much as $300 million.

But if Prince died without that much cash on hand, many of his non-cash assets will have to be sold off to pay the bill, Peterson said.

That could include the 2,000 unreleased songs still in Prince's vault, worldwide rights to his music and image, his cherished guitars and other rare memorabilia, digital streaming revenue and possibly even his Paisley Park home and studio.

And the sooner the better, Peterson said.

"The challenge we face is to spin yarn into gold under time pressure," he told Eide. "The point is this is a dynamic, wide-ranging business, and we must keep on schedule to make the deadline. If we do not, the government will not wait. They will have a fire sale, and that is not in the best interests of anyone."

But Patrick Cousins, a lawyer representing Carlin Williams, who's claimed from his Colorado prison cell that he's Prince's secret son, urged Eide to order Bremer Trust to "hold down and stand down" on any arrangements until the question of Prince's heir or heirs is settled.

That could be as early as June 27, when a full probate hearing is scheduled. In the meantime, Cousins said, "taxes should not drive these business decisions."

BET Discloses Star-Studded Lineup For Prince Tribute

Matthew Shea, a lawyer representing Prince's sister, Tyka Nelson, agreed with Bremer Trust, however, telling Eide the company has a fiduciary responsibility to go ahead and make critical decisions in the best interests of the estate.

Meanwhile, a lawyer for Prince's half-siblings — Norrine, Sharon and John — split the difference, asking Eide to give all of the would-be heirs five days to review any contracts Bremer Trust wants to sign.

Eide told the lawyers to submit their arguments by noon Wednesday and said he'd issue an order Thursday morning.

Former Roc-A-Fella Associate Admits To Ordering Nine Murders

In addition to Tyka Nelson, Williams and the half-siblings, there are assorted nieces and nephews and a man named Norman Yates Carthens of Barnwell, South Carolina — who also claims to be Prince's previously unknown son — who've staked claims to the money.

Fiancée Of Slain Man Says Ex-No Limit Rapper Mac Is Innocent

BATON ROUGE, LA - During a recent interview with HipHopDX, McKinley “Mac” Phipps expressed how he wished no ill will towards the jury for handing down a verdict which has been unraveling to be incorrect for the past fifteen years.

Now, the former star on Master P's No Limit Records is getting a co-sign from someone closest to the man he allegedly killed. The victim's fiancée.

On Feb. 21, 2000, 19-year-old Barron “Bookie” Victor Jr. was fatally shot outside a Sidell, Louisiana nightclub and Mac, who had been the most person of note on the scene, was arrested and later charged with the crime.
Image result for McKinley “Mac” Phipps
"No murder weapon was ever found. The state had about two witnesses who told conflicting stories and one of them even, in court on the stand, admitted that she did not tell the truth about what she really saw and eventually she would tell the reporters of the Huff Post that she was coerced at the time to even make the accusation in the first place. She was threatened by the prosecution and DA at the time. And by the way, that DA is under federal indictment at this time. His name is Walter Reed. He’s been indicted for unrelated federal charges that have nothing to do with my case but it just shows the pattern of misconduct from the department."

There were truth to his words. Just last month, Reed, 69, was convicted of conspiracy, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering and making false statements on his tax returns. He will be sentenced at a later date.

Speaking with the Huffington Post, Samantha Barnes still longs for her slain husband-to-be but also believes Mac caught a raw deal.

“I feel like a lot of people knew about this,” Barnes told The Huffington Post. “And I don’t understand why. ... But I don’t think it’s fair that an innocent person is behind bars.”

Huffington Post reports that Yulon James, who, was a pregnant nursing student at the time of the trial, now admits she “didn’t see anything” after she was coerced into making a statement for her own well being.

“The DA came over to my parents’ house and told me I would have my baby in prison if I didn’t testify,” James told them.

BET Discloses Star-Studded Lineup For Prince Tribute

On the Hip Hop front, the likes of Killer Mike, Dee-1 and more have been campaigning for Mac to be granted clemency and credited with time serve through a petition that has since amassed more than 8,000 signatures.

Former Roc-A-Fella Associate Admits To Ordering Nine Murders

“I can’t imagine what both of these mothers [Victor and Phipps] are going through,” Barnes continued. “You have one whose son is dead, and you have another whose son is innocent and has been behind bars all this time. It’s devastating.”

BET Discloses Star-Studded Lineup For Prince Tribute

Details for the Prince tribute at this month's BET Awards revealed.

Image result for princeMonths after Madonna was nearly dragged off the edges of the Earth by social media following her Prince tribute at the Billboard Awards, BET has announced the lineup for the Prince tribute at the upcoming BET Awards.

Tax Bill could slash millions off

According to Rolling Stone, the tribute will feature performances from Sheila E., The Roots, D'Angelo, Janelle Monae, and others.

Following Prince's death in April of this year, The Roots' Questlove penned an essay for Rolling Stone eulogizing the late singer. In his essay, the drummer doted on how Hip Hop Prince was.

BET Discloses Star-Studded Lineup For Prince Tribute

“Prince was an outlaw,” Questlove wrote. “When he was giving interviews on the regular to Cynthia Horner in Right On! magazine, he was telling tall tales left and right. That was Hip Hop. He built a crew, a posse, around his look and his sense of style. That was Hip Hop. He had beef (with Rick James). He had his own vanity label (Paisley Park). He had parents up in arms over the content of his songs to the point where they had to invent the Parental Advisory warning. Hip Hop, Hip Hop, Hip Hop.”

Following Madonna's questionable Prince tribute last month, BET immediately took a not so subtle jab at the pop star's performance with a video that stated the following: "Yeah, we saw that. Don't worry. We Got You."

The BET Awards are scheduled to air on June 26.

Former Roc-A-Fella Associate Admits To Who Ordering Nine Murders

A drug kingpin who once dominated the New York marijuana market in partnership with Roc-A-Fella co-founder Kareem “Biggs” Burke, has admitted to his involvement in nine murders and 10 attempted murderers.

imageAccording to The New York Daily News, Manuel Geovanny Rodriguez-Perez aka “El Monstruo,” orchestrated a massive drug operation from the early 1990’s until early 2010.
Rodriguez-Perez admitted to putting out dozens of hits over a span of decades to maintain control over the market.
The Feds began Operation Green Venom in July of 2008.
The investigation used over 20 separate wiretaps to infiltrate the crews suspected of running the operation.
Burke, who’s known for his ties to Jay Z and Damon Dash, was caught on tape discussing drug supplies with Rodriguez-Perez, as well as being videotaped stashing illegal funds into Rodriguez’s BMW in October of 2010.
Law enforcement raided properties associated with Burke and discovered 200 pounds of marijuana and $2 million in cash, in a sting dubbed Operation Green Venom.
Burke was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison in 2012. He was released in January 2016.

BET Discloses Star-Studded Lineup For Prince Tribute
Manuel Geovanny Rodriguez-Perez pleaded guilty to one count of racketeering in Manhattan federal court.
He faces up to life in prison.

Monday, June 6, 2016

BREAKING NEWS: MMA fighter Kimbo Slice has died at age 42.

Image result for kimbo sliceThe MMA fighter — whose real name is Kevin Ferguson — was hospitalized in Florida Monday for undisclosed health reasons. 

SportsCenterreported that he was in “dire” condition and that the situation did “not look good.”

The CEO of Bellator MMA also confirmed the news.
“We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family,” he said in a statement Monday night. “One of the most popular MMA fighters ever, Kimbo was a charismatic, larger-than-life personality that transcended the sport.”

Bobby Brown Opens Up About Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Death

“We could have been better,” the Every Little Step author tells Roberts in a preview of their 20/20 interview set to air on Tuesday, June 7. “We should have been better.”

Image result for bobby brownAfter languishing in a coma for six months, Bobbi Kristina died at the age of 22 on July 26, 2015. The aspiring singer, who was found face down and unresponsive in a bathtub that January, died from lobar pneumonia and a lack of oxygen, which resulted in brain damage. According to a toxicology report, Bobbi Kristina had a mix of alcohol and drugs in her system.
“It’s not a mystery to me the same thing that happened to my daughter is what happened to Whitney,” Bobby tells Roberts during the candid interview, referring to his ex-wife’s uncannily similar February 2012 death. “There is only one person around both occasions.”
Image result for bobby brown and whitneyBobby, along with Bobbi Kristina’s conservator Bedelia Hargrove, has since filed a $10 million wrongful death suit against Gordon, Bobbi Kristina’s controversial love. In the lawsuit, Gordon is accused of allegedly having abused Bobbi Kristina as well as injecting her with a toxic mixture of drugs that ultimately led to her death. Gordon's lawyer later released a counterstatement calling the claims "slanderous and meritless."