Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From The Desk Of...



1. Laptop
2. AC adaptor
3. Digital camera
4. Tripod
5. Heavy plastic file holder
6. Large bungee style cord
7. External Harddrive/Thumb drive 16GB


My most important tool is my laptop. I invested in a dependable laptop with a large hard drive. With my laptop and my car, I have a mobile virtual office whose convenience can’t be beat. Be fore a client meeting, I preload the artist CD/music in my computer. During the meeting we review the artist CD and discussing how they market their music and what changes they are willing to make in order to market with PMG. I get all the information on their necessary needs and save them to my laptop and external hard drive/thumb drive for immediate back-up.

A few other investments I made to enhance my virtual office:

An AC adaptor that plugs into my car’s cigarette lighter that charges the laptop battery when I’ve been away from a power supply for too long. A digital camera and a tripod have been helpful. When I visit a client, periodically there is the opportunity to take a photograph to add to the social network or website. A heavy plastic file holder that can hold quite a few folders.

A sturdy handcart, I strap my file holder on, with a heavy, rubber strap and I place my laptop on top of that then I secure the laptop with a large bungee style cord.

I usually leave my heavy plastic file holder in my car and just take the laptop with any specific file I need in, when I arrive to meet with the client.

Kamal D. Jabbar
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

No comments:

Post a Comment