Friday, July 20, 2012

Rick Ross Explains How The "3 Kings" Collaboration Came About

Rick Ross sure knows how to pick 'em. Building up anticipation for his upcoming solo effort God Forgives, I Don't, due July 31, Rozay recruited hip-hop veterans Dr. Dre and Jay-Z for a monster triple threat track.
In an interview with Funkmaster Flex, Rozay explained the origins of the Jake One-produced single and how a mutual friend put him in touch with Dre. “I actually spoke with D.O.C. from the West Coast and D.O.C. told me Dre was a huge fan,” Ross said. “I’ve been a fan of big homie’s and I had been expressing that openly for while.”

The two kicked it in Miami in January and banged out hits on the spot. “When he walked into the studio for the first time, I was just so excited. We knocked out five songs that first night. I feel we made some incredible music.”

As for Hov's contribution, Jay was originally scheduled to appear on another song but swapped for the royal collabo. "When it comes to Jay, that’s my family. I respect dawg. I’m a soldier for life,” Ross said.

As far as bangers are concerned, the Bawse promises that there's plenty more where that came from. “That’s just one of many. 'God Forgives, I Don’t' is the biggest and best album of the year."
Listen to the full interview below.

No comments:

Post a Comment