Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ice Cube Talks About Making It In Hollywood

In the new issue of the Source magazine, Ice Cube is featured on the Hip Hop Hollywood list. 

Ice Cube gave advice on how to break into the movie business. Here's what he had to say:  

"Well, I don’t really look at it as being 'Hip Hop in Hollywood,' you know what I’m sayin’. I look at it as just a filmmaker trying to make movies ... you gotta break it down to it’s rawest form or you’ll play mental tricks on yourself. Eveybody has a story to tell out here, everybody needs money to tell it, so you have to break through all that and make sure that you’re seen and heard, that your projects are taken serious, so that’s the fight ..."

"To get a movie together you have to deal with a lot of people, things got to come together, so when you see a good project you should jump on it and work on it because good projects just don’t come around. If you’re a person who says, “I do gangsta rap, I only want to to gangsta movies,” I’d probably only do 3 or 4 movies in my career if I had that attitude, so you gotta jump on good projects, you know, and make them better, or make them dope or get them made and just go for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment