Saturday, August 4, 2012

Young Money honcho taking a break to focus on skateboarding

Lil Wayne says he might be dropping the mic for a bit to focus on skateboarding, a hobby that quickly turned into a way of life, as the rapper told DJ Drama.

"I kinda feel like I deserve that," said Wayne about taking a break from the rap game. "I feel like the fans deserve a lil no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song, I'm still on everybody's song, my artists are doing awesome. I believe the fans deserve some peace from me. I be on my skateboard in the meantime."

While Wayne seems serious about taking a breather, he's still set to drop a new mixtape, Dedication 4, on August 15th.

"In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle," he said of skateboarding. "With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap's taken a backseat to skating."

When asked if he spends more time in the booth or on his skateboard, Wayne responded: "I spend more time on the skateboard, 'cause even at the studio I have ramps and shit. In the booth literally I have something I can boardslide on and a quarter pipe. So I get off the mic, drop the board down and skate."

No comments:

Post a Comment