Friday, September 7, 2012

Ne-Yo on Nicki Minaj: 'We Don't Have to Agree on Politics

Ne-Yo has a new album due in November, and there's a story behind the title. "R.E.D. is an acronym standing for Realizing Every Dream," he told Rolling Stone on the red carpet at the MTV Video Music Awards. "It is a perfect blend of R&B music and pop music combined."

The album, featuring production from the likes of Stargate and No I.D., will include a few unexpected touches that may surprise his fans. One of them is Diddy, Ne-Yo revealed. "He came down and did something for me, absolutely," he says. "The name of the track is 'Should Be You.' Actually we're gonna put that one out within the next couple of weeks. It's me featuring Diddy and Fabolous."

Pleased though he is to have Diddy and Fabolous, Ne-Yo hasn't exhausted his wish list of acts he'd like to work with. "I've worked with Kanye, [but] never had the opportunity to do that great song that I know is possible, same thing with Jay," he says. "I'm a huge fan of Nicki Minaj, I think that we can do something great on or off . . . scratch that, don't scratch that."

After the show, Ne-Yo planned to watch President Obama accept the Democratic Party's nomination for a second term. "I'm not gonna sit and complain with my friends about what's wrong," he said. "I'm gonna get out and make sure that I do something to help fix whatever the hell is wrong. You can't complain if you're not gonna do anything about it."

Although Minaj seemed to endorse Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on a recent mixtape track, Ne-Yo said that doesn't change his mind about wanting to work with her. "Politics is politics. Music is a whole 'nother thing. We don't have to agree on politics to do a great song together," he says. "Or possibly have wild, butt-naked sex."

No comments:

Post a Comment