Thursday, September 27, 2012

Nick Cannon Wants His Kids to 'Help Others'

Nick Cannon loves talking about his twins, Monroe and Moroccan Scott. He's also keenly aware that his kids have it better than he did growing up. TheAmerica's Got Talent host told People at the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Awards Dinner that he wants his kids to "understand that every child isn't as fortunate as they are."

Cannon expressed, "I want [them] to grow up helping others." It's a lesson he learned by watching his grandmother who raised him. "We were low-income, but she was always taking in foster kids. She would help anyone, and it was a good lesson for me growing up."

Earlier this year Cannon was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, a condition that sent him in and out of hospitals for months. Despite his health continuing to improve, he's had one pesky problem he's finally been able to take care of – his teeth. "I just had four root canals within the last 24 hours; other than that, I'm doing really well," he said. "In fact, I couldn't have dental work while I was having my health problems because of blood issues. So it's great that I could finally get the work done. Once my teeth heal up, I'll be in great shape!"

No comments:

Post a Comment