Friday, October 26, 2012

Idris Elba Could Be the First Black James Bond


Recently, there's been plenty of chatter surrounding the possibility of the first Black James Bond coming to the big screen. Current Bond girl, Naomie Harris, says she wants her fellow Brit Idris Elba to play the part—a role his name has been tied to for over a year.
The Sykfall actress told the Huffington Post, "I didn’t realize that there was this talk and then I did a film with Idris [Elba] and he said that he met Barbara Broccoli [James Bond producer] and that it does seem like there is a possibility in the future that there could very well be a Black James Bond. And I would have to vote for Idris because I just finished working with him and he’s a great guy."
In September 2011, Elba told CNN that if he does take the role, he doesn't want to be called the "first Black James Bond." "Sean Connery wasn't the Scottish James Bond and Daniel Craig wasn't the blue-eyed James Bond," said Elba. "So if I played him, I don't want to be called the Black James Bond."

Elba's meeting with Broccoli is a possible sign that a new Bond film is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment