Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Accepts Civil Rights Award From Al Sharpton

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs was presented with the Triumph Award by National Action Network (NAN) founder Al Sharpton on Wednesday evening, according to Huffington Post.
Combs gave a special thanks to civil rights leaders who have paved the way for hip-hop artists like himself in his acceptance:
“I had to honestly look at those (who) have come before me and the responsibility that they’ve taken on… spawning me and a generation of young people like me… Which the truth is our culture of having a sense of entitlement that we deserve to be treated fairly and we deserve to have swag and be leaders, actually came from those who cam be before us, like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Quincy Jones, Clarence Avon and Rev. Al Sharpton, who I think deserves a special round of applause, not only for what he’s done in the community but for the way he’s wearing that suit tonight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment