Friday, November 23, 2012

NICKI MINAJ "DENIED ACCESS" FROM HER OWN NY PARTY?


Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj is making headlines this week for reportedly getting denied access to her own Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up album release party in New York City.

Details
of the alleged denial surfaced online Wednesday (November 21).
A source familiar with the incident told The Huffington Post that the 29-year-old "Starships" singer was scheduled to attend the event but was denied entry from Greenhouse club when she rolled up with her boyfriend and a hefty entourage of 25 people at 3:30 a.m. Incidentally, the downtown hot spot is also owned by the same folks who run WIP, the club of choice for Drake-Chris Brown brawls. "The cops denied [Minaj] access saying the venue was capacity," the insider said. "She tried to celebrate with fans but was turned away at the door." (Huffington Post)
Maybach Music Group's Meek Mill ran into a similar incident last summer.
Meek Mill is now unwelcome at some New York nightclubs after being caught up in the June 14 brawl at W.i.P. in SoHo between Chris Brown and Drake that left several clubgoers injured. The Philly-born rapper was partying with Drake's camp at the hot spot when the fight broke out between entourages that sent liquor bottles flying. Early yesterday, Mill was turned away from Meatpacking District club Tenjune after rolling up at about 2 a.m. And he even eagerly posted word of his arrival at the swanky spot on Twitter. But the bouncers didn't seem to share his zeal for getting inside. Mill tweeted after he was denied by the doormen: "I don't got no love for these clubs that discriminate against a certain race! [Bleep] you . . . u won't get these racks!" (For our slang-impaired readers, "racks" means "money," in thousands.) After Mill left, observers told us that police showed up at the venue because of an unrelated incident, but left within minutes. A Tenjune rep had no comment on the incident. (New York Post)
To make things worse for Nicki, she recently revealed how many retailers are not carrying the new LP.
"It's hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn't want to take a chance. Target and Wal-Mart are not selling thealbum, and Target is actually my biggest retailer. Best Buy only took limited [stock] because they wanted to play it safe. It kinda sets you up to fail." ("The Breakfast Club")
Recently, Minaj talked about her new re-release getting packed with rap bars.
"I am in a stage right now, where that's just how I feel," she told MTV News, turning the word feel to "fill" in that Southside Jamaica, Queens way. "I'm on my rap sh-- -- that's just how I feel right now. But I'm [also] saying that there's nothing wrong with being diverse. [But] where I am right now? I'm back to my popping sh--!" she declared before cracking up into a contagious fit of laughter. "The Re-Up is what I do naturally. It's what I came into the game doing," she emphasized. "So I actually don't have the fears about it being critiqued. I guess when I started doing dance songs, then there was more like a question mark there, 'cause I had never done it." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment