Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rick Ross/ Maybach Music Group Tour Cancelled

A rep for Rick Ross confirmed to Billboard.biz today that the remaining dates of the rapper's tour with his Maybach Music Group have been cancelled. The dates include Sunday in Nashville, the 12th in Memphis, 13th in Houston, 15th in Detroit and the 16th in New York. 

The 23-day U.S. tour, which was later extended to go through till December 16, has been cancelled due to "apparent lack of organization and communication on the part of the tour promoter," reps for RIck Ross told AllHipHop.com. Reps for Live Nation and Ross had not commented on the quote. at press time 

Rick Ross continued to apologize to fans for the cancellation. "I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities," Ross told the site. "I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I'm ready to get back in the studio to make good music." 

The reports of the cancellation of the MMG tour came a day after Ross cancelled two shows in North Carolina. Soon after news broke on Thursday, reports came in that the rapper had cancelled the shows due to threats from the Gangster Disciples street gang. Local news outlet WCNC and other outlets report that beef between Ross and Gangster Disciples stirs from his mention of the gang's imprisoned leader, Larry Hoover, in his song, "B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast)." 

No comments:

Post a Comment