Saturday, December 1, 2012

VIXEN CHAT: KARRINE STEFFANS CLEARS UP ‘BASKETBALL WIVES’ RUMORS, TALKS TWO MARRIAGES AND LIL’ WAYNE



Immediately, it’s apparent: Karrine Steffans likes to talk, and her beef today is with source-less media, specifically Rolling Out. The urban entertainment site has offended the LA resident by blasting a list of her alleged ex-lovers, sex game ratings included.
“Half the list I don’t even know,” she states in frustration. “It’s so gauche, it’s so pedestrian. There are so many things that are beneath me. I am a three-time New York Times bestseller, I sold a bunch of books all around the world and I’ve been on Oprah. I do things that other people can’t do; I’m over here working. What I’m not over here doing is [going] online making lists.”
Or joining the cast of Basketball Wives LA, she says.
Rumors flew recently that the Drink, Fuck, Sleep writer would become the newest victim of reality TV lenses, maybe even adding some much needed excitement for the West Coast clique. Although, she stalled the rumor mill (for now), Vixen snatched up an hour with her to discuss the popular VH1 show, her objections to female friends, the 10-year anniversary of Confessions of a Video Vixen and how she reacted to Lil Wayne’s seizure news.
Have you been added to the cast of Basketball Wives LA?
Karrine Steffans: No, I’m not going to be on the show.
Do you know how that rumor hit the ‘net?
Someone told me that a cast member went to MediaTakeout and told them I was going to be on the show as a ploy to boost ratings because it was losing so much hype. So I called a particular cast member who I heard spread the rumor and she’s been dodging me which is weird.
Jackie Christie? The word is you two are friends.
[Laughs] I’m not going to say, but I called a particular cast member to ask. This is the second time that they’ve done that. The first time was for the first season. When I call her, no answer. Text message, no answer. Called her again, no answer.
Would you ever consider being on the show for real?
No, never. I don’t own the show, and I always remember and apply something that Magic Johnson taught me years ago—power is in ownership. If I don’t own it, I don’t want to be a part of it.
You did make an appearance once, right?Yes, that was enough. I didn’t particularly like the experience. After I was on the show, there was a strange string of events. I started getting phone calls from people on the show and saying things like, “After you left, such and such said this and that about you.”
Creating drama.
Exactly. ‘The such and such sisters didn’t like you.’ I’m not interested in drama. All my friends are men, so I don’t do the catty things that girls do. One of the main reasons why I wouldn’t be part of an ensemble cast full of women because it’s just not what I do. I don’t hang out with women in my real life and I don’t want to do it on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment