Monday, January 7, 2013

JENNIFER LOPEZ STILL HAS THE GREEN VERSACE DRESS SHE WORE TO THE 2000 GRAMMY AWARDS


Remember the green Versace dress that Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awardswhen she walked down the red carpet with her then-boyfriend Sean "Diddy" Combs? Of course you do. It's one of the most iconic Grammy Awards dresses ever and even has its own Wikipedia page today. And, as it turns out, J-Lo hasn't forgotten about the dress, either. In fact, she still sees it almost everyday, because her housekeeper has it hanging up on a mannequin inside of her bathroom at home.
"I have that at home," Lopez told Harper's Bazaar recently when asked about the dress she wore to the 42nd annual Grammy Awards. "The other day, my housekeeper put it on a mannequin in my spa, where I get my hair and makeup done. She sent me a picture. She was like, 'You like this dress?' Um, yeah, but I don't know if I like it out in the house!"
We say: Why not? In a month, dozens of singers and actresses will walk down the red carpet before the 55th annual Grammy Awards wearing fancy designer dresses. But, it's unlikely that any of them will re-capture the magic of Lopez wearing her green Versace dress that required double-sided tape in order to stay put. So, she should show it off proudly. It was one of the defining style moments in her career.

No comments:

Post a Comment