Sunday, February 10, 2013

LIL MAMA TO PLAY LISA “LEFT EYE” LOPES IN TLC BIOPIC


Lil Mama has landed the coveted role of playing Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes in an upcoming TLC biopic. The 23-year-old New York native, whose real name is Naitia Kirkland, has been quiet on the scene after crashing Hov and Alicia Key’s “Empire State of Mind” MTV performance back in 2009. The stunt had almost cost her a burgeoning career.
An unlikely mouthpiece, MC Lyte broke the news during the VIBE Impact Awards. “I don’t know if I’m supposed to say, but I will,” the legendary rapper said at the pre-Grammy event. “She just got the role of Left Eye in TLC’s new movie.”
But before spilling the beans to red carpet cameras, Lyte revealed that she’ll play mentor to the “Lip Gloss” rapper as she resurfaces to the spotlight. “I’m going to put my focus and concentration on helping a sister who is talented, smart, witty and just had her chances cut too short…That is a talented young woman. I want to see her do some beautiful things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment