Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air'


We all remember the original Aunt Viv and her sudden replacement from the hit '90s
 show The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. Janet Hubert is back and ready to clear the air for 
her audience.
In an interview with The Dish, the former actress said that she was limited to a certain 
number of episodes. "That was 10 weeks of work and then they said that you can’t act 
or perform anywhere else," she revealed. "That was cutting my salary by $150,000 a year. 
How could I pay the bills I needed to pay with 10 episodes?"
Not only was Hubert criticized for her abrupt departure, the former Fresh Prince Star had 
felt undermined by Will Smith himself. "There was a bit of a [cast feud]," she says. "I was 
extremely professional on that set, maybe too professional…but I didn’t adhere to the star 
system. By not playing the game, that cost me. I think what happened, because the audience 
was so on my side at that time, that [Will] probably felt like he needed to go out, and he needed
 to tell a lot of lies."
Things were seen a bit more clear in the rearview when Hubert was the only cast member 
uninvited to the 2011 cast reunion.
However, she says she is ready to put the past in the past. When asked what she would 
have told Will if she were invited to the reunion, she said, "We need to heal this. You’ve 
done some things, you’ve said some things that were totally untrue and you know that they 
were untrue. I’ve said some things that I probably should have never said. But you’ve never 
heard them come from my mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment