Sunday, May 19, 2013

Janet Jackson working on New Project

Janet Jackson's last solo album was 2008's Discipline. Janet hasn't been exactly quiet in those five years since. In 2011, she hit the road on the Number Ones, Up Close and Personal tour behind her second greatest hits compilation. She also released the self-help book True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself . Speaking with Billboard about the 20th anniversary of janet., the Grammy-winning singer revealed she is back at it and working on new music.

"I am working on a new project now," Jackson said. "We are creating the concept and initial thoughts on the music. I am excited about the direction we are taking. I don’t want to rush it... I don’t want to put a time constraint on the creative process."

While that was all she revealed about the new project, she did mention she has kept her ears open recently.

"I have listened to the music that is out there and I love Kendrick’s 'Poetic Justice," she said. "There are artists, true performers that have come before me who have been a big inspiration to me. I hope I do the same for others... I'm flattered that other artists consider me a role model."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment