Friday, May 31, 2013

Papa John’s CEO Apologizes For Racist Remarks

A Sanfod, Fla. Papa John’s delivery man was  fired after he accidentally called a customer and left a voicemail message that was full of racist remarks.

Quantcast
Papa John’s CEO Apologizes For Racist Remarks

The delivery man was upset that he got a $5 tip. However, the customer claims it equaled 21% of the bill (receipt shown above). Said delivery man accidentally dialed the customer and the phone recorded the following comments:

“I guess that’s the only requirement for being a ni**er in Sanford…Yeah, they give me five bucks there — fine outstanding African-American gentleman of the community,” he added. 

The Papa John’s employee also used the n-word repeatedly, even singing it to the tune of “Figaro’s Aria.”

Papa John’s CEO, John Schnatter, released the following statement via Facebook:

Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants. Their thinking and actions defy both my personal and the company’s values, and everything for which this company stands. The employees responsible for this absolutely unacceptable behavior were immediately terminated.

My heartfelt apology goes out to the customer involved, his family, and our community at large. I am very sorry that anyone would be exposed to these hurtful and painful words by any person involved in any way with our company.

Thank you for your important comments. I have personally reached out to our customer to share my own thoughts and offer my deepest apology.

Sincerely,

John Schnatter
Chairman and CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment