Thursday, August 8, 2013

Drake Admits He Felt The Pressure Of Jay Z & Kanye West This Year

Young Money's Drake admits he initially felt the pressure to deliver with his upcoming Nothing Was The Same album in light of the stacked releases by rap's best in the new XXL Magazine.

"I remember coming into this year thinking, "How am I going to cut through all these people and shine?" I've never been part of a year when so many legends are dropping projects. How am I going to be seen? I'm going to be like the kid waving in the background in the photo with all of his tall relatives. And, I guess, those were my initial thoughts, and not to say that I haven't enjoyed some of the stuff that has come out this year, but it didn't pan out the way I thought it was going to. I think I am going for it, to really establish what are murmurs or things being said quietly, "Um, I think that Drake might actually..." On September 17th I want people to be like, "Oh, we were right."" (XXL Magazine)
He also speaks on the overall competition in hip-hop and how much respect fellow Jewish people give him.
"It's tough for me. That's a guy I can't pretend not to like. He's the guy to me, in a lot of ways. That's Kanye West. But I'm also here to be the best. I'm here to surpass. I'm here to outdo. I'm ready for whatever with anybody. ... I get Jewish people coming up to me proud like, "Mazel Tov, bro. Come to my house for Shabbat dinner."" (XXL Magazine)
During Drake's recent OVO Fest concert, Kanye West revealed Drizzy actually inspired his joint Jay Z Watch the Throne 2011 album.

 
"It's been a lot of rappers that came in the game that wasn't able to do something like this for their city," Kanye said during the concert. "Me and Hov would have never made Watch the Throne if this n*gga wasn't putting pressure on us like that." (OVO Fest)
Recently, G.O.O.D Music's Pusha T acknowledged an unexpected amount of new releases courtesy of Jay, Kanye and J. Cole for making him push his LP back a month this summer.
"Nah, nah, it's not gone drop on the 16th. We gone push it back a month," Pusha revealed in an interview. "It's been a lot of music coming out. You got the Ye album, you got the Cole, the Wale. I think Hov's dropping even on the 4th. We gonna push it back but at the end of the day, I still stand my ground. That's politics and logistics. My album is the best album of the year." (Power 88)

No comments:

Post a Comment