Monday, June 2, 2014

Mack Maine Gives Big Update On Lil Wayne's Final LP & Nicki Minaj's "Pink Print"

Diehard Young Money fans have received a huge update courtesy of label president Mack Maine who revealed a significant detail involving Lil Wayne's Tha Carter V and Nicki Minaj's The Pink Print albums. #WeezyWatch


Although he would not dish out release dates, Maine did admit Nicki's long-awaited LP would arrive before Weezy's.

With Nicki's upcoming album having an extremely strong presence last night at Hot 97?s Summer Jam, one had to wonder if this was in fact strategic. When asked if YMCMB had plans to release The Pink Print prior to Tha Carter V, Mack Maine responded, "It will be before Carter V as of now....no concrete date yet." (XXL Mag)
Nicki recently discussed her upcoming The Pink Print.

"I think everybody knows how obsessed I am with Jay Z. He's always been my favorite rapper -- him and [Lil] Wayne," Nicki said in an interview. "He did such a great job of creating this Blueprint brand for male rappers, I felt. And I studied a lot of his blueprint, just in terms of becoming a mogul. ... I wanted to be like Jay Z. I felt like with what I'm doing, I want female rappers to be able to pattern themselves with what I've done one day," she said. "And I think the album is soooo classic, it's gonna feel so good and it will probably be one that female rappers will look to as a 'pink print' for years to come." (Power 106)

//PALACE NEWS//
A few weeks ago, Nicki said the LP would remind fans why they rode behind her since day one.

"It feels very uplifting and it feels very soulful," she shared. "It's a great, I feel, indicator of what The Pink Print will feel like in terms of the storyline of that song." The album, due sometime this year, marks a return to her roots. "The Pink Print will remind people why they fell in love with Nicki Minaj," she added. "And I think that needs to be done." (Rap-Up)
Preview Our App.

Top Stories

Recently, the rap star talked about holding her own weight with notable male competition.

"I do not see myself as a female rapper anymore, I'm sorry," she told MTV News on Monday. "I see myself as a rapper. ... I've worked with the greats and I've held my own with the greats and they respect me - so I should respect myself enough to see myself the same way they see themselves." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment