Saturday, July 12, 2014

VERY RARE animated Tupac Shakur Interview with Benjamin Svetkey; March 1994


Tupac Shakur on Life and Death | Blank on Blank | PBS Digital Studios 

 

In the rare animated video The West Coast MC speaks candidly about life and death  in a unreleased PBS interview. After he was asked where he saw himself in the next few years, at 0:15 in the video Pac says, "Best case. In a cemetery. Not in a cemetery. Sprinkled in ashes, smoked up by my homies. (SIC) "Worst case..." "I mean that's the worst case. That's the worst case. That's the worst case". "Best case? Multimillionaire. Owning all of this shit."


Then at 2:07 in the video, Pac reveals:
Benjamin Svetkey: How do people treat you differently? The people that you grew up with. Now that you're famous.
Tupac Shakur: They believe in the machine, not Tupac no more. They don't even know me no more. They just know about the machine.
Benjamin Svetkey: You mean the press machine.
Tupac: Yeah.
Benjamin Svetkey: Is that painful for you?
Tupac Shakur: Uh-huh. Everybody wants to use me. Everybody.

Finally, at 3:25 in the video, 2Pac reveals:
Tupac Shakur: "There's a machine that I have nothing to do with. It's called the " 'Tupac Machine.' And the media in this country has just fueled it and made me a monster that people just... They say I'm a criminal. They say I spit hateful, vicious, violent lyrics. You know I'm ready to be the bad guy. They gave me that job. I'm ready to have it".

Tupac Shakur on Life and Death - an unheard previously unseen 1994 interview between Tupac and Benjamin Svetkey


 
"They wouldn't buy my records if my records wasn't good."

"I feel like a tragic hero in a Shakespeare play" - Tupac Shakur. The lost interview.

The West Coast MC also predicted his end in a recently released PBS interview. After he was asked where he saw himself in the next few years, he said, “Best case, in a cemetery. Not in a cemetery, sprinkled in ashes smoked up by my homies. I mean, that’s the worst case.”

Read More: Tupac Shakur — Rappers Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths | http://theboombox.com/tupac-shakur-rappers-who-correctly-predicted-their-own-death/?trackback=tsmclip

No comments:

Post a Comment