Thursday, February 28, 2013

Zoe Saldana Responds To Nina Simone Backlash


After news of a biopic on world-renowned singer Nina Simone surfaced last year, fans and 
spectators were filled with memories of the singer and her iconic music. But once the actress 
who's scheduled to depict Nina Simone was announced, a few people were left uneasy sparking
 petitions and uncertainty.

Zoe Saldana decided not to comment on the backlash she received about her non-resemblance 
to the late singer or her ability to sing until now.

In a short interview with HipHollywood, the Colombiana actress said, “I guess what kept me from 
being hurt by the negative comments was that I’m doing it for my sisters and my brothers, and I 
don’t care who tells me I’m not this or I’m not that. I know who I am, and I know what Nina Simone
 means to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment