Sunday, March 17, 2013

DJ KHALED DEFENDS L'IL WAYNE AFTER MIAMI CONTROVERSY: "THERE'S A LOT OF MISUNDERSTANDINGS"


Miami's DJ Khaled has offered his take on close friend Lil Wayne taking direct aim at his city by going at the Heat last month and said Weezy F. Baby never meant any real harm.
In Khaled's perspective, Wayne paid his dues and set the record straight by clarifying his issues with the Heat had nothing to do with South Beach a few weeks ago.
"Miami is my city. I rep Miami and I feel like the Miami Heat is my team. I felt like Wayne went on the radio and showed love to the city and bigged up the city and its love," Khaled said when he appeared on Wednesday's "RapFix Live" on MTV Jams. "I've learned in this game there's a lot of misunderstandings, miscommunications, so it's about love, man, and I know it's love. And that's all I know, so if you gonna ask me, it's love." (MTV)
Wayne's comments struck a chord with Miami native Pitbull who went at him on a "Harlem Shake" freestyle.
It seems Lil Wayne's "F*ck the Miami Heat" rant didn't go over so well with one Miami resident. Namely, Pitbull. Mr. 305 has just released "Welcome to Dade County," a freestyle over Baauer's"Harlem Shake," wherein he addresses Weezy without ever mentioning his name, specifically. He raps: "You got money, yeah yeah, that's sweet/ But we all know Slim and Baby really eat/ You talk Miami if you talking Heat/ Moral of the story, don't sh*t where you eat." (The Boom Box)
South Beach representative Uncle Luke publicly went after Waynein an open blog post following his jabs at the Miami Heat during NBA All-Star Weekend.
"He has no respect for the city because people in Miami's entertainment industry -- from local radio DJs to South Beach nightclub promoters to the Heat's front office -- spread their legs for him and every out-of-town celebrity who rolls through town. Lil Wayne treats Miami like his b*tch because people let him. When Weezy claimed he was thrown out of the Heat home game versus the Lakers, the franchise tried to downplay the incident, saying they only asked him to leave and he left on his own. That was a b*tch move." (Miami New Times)
The Young Money boss stepped forward to address Miami's backlash days later.
"I can't change nobody's personal opinion. I can't change nobody's personal view. I can just keep doing what I do and keep putting food on the table for my family and that's what I'm going to do no matter what. ... I haven't [read Luke's letter], but I already know how he feels about me. I've never met him actually. ... Ever since I got here, there were billboards and signs saying, 'Lil Wayne, Go Back Home,' you know what I mean? And I didn't do anything." (99 Jamz)

No comments:

Post a Comment