Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Iggy Azalea Flushes Idea Of Rappers Hating Her: "No One"

by Cyrus Langhorne

Hustle Gang's Iggy Azalea is not worried about her fellow rap competition and recently denied having any problems with any hip-hop artists. #NoBeef


In Iggy's opinion, her biggest issues stem from the media and not the entertainers.
"I have never had any musicians tell me that I wasn't authentic for being white and Australian," Iggy said in an interview. "No one. Even I had a warped perception of how I would be received in this business. What I've come to realize is that it's the people who write about music--or who are outside it in some way--who have a problem with what I am doing. The only true insiders are the musicians themselves." (The Guardian)
After being called up for her "Best Female Hip-Hop Artist" award, rapper Nicki Minaj shot some dicey words.
"This is my fifth year winning this award. I don't take it for granted," Nicki says when accepting the award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist. "When you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it. No, no shade... no shade," she continued, silencing rumors of her not writing her own rhymes." (BET Awards)
Some media outlets suggested Nicki intentionally targeted Iggy.
Azalea, whose song "Fancy" has been the number one song on Billboard's Hot 100 since June 7 (she's spent 16 weeks on the chart) has been criticized as inauthentic for the accent she adopts to perform -- some have gone as far as saying she stole Charli Baltimore's flow -- but Minaj implying that Azalea doesn't even write her own rhymes would make Azalea the prevailing Wizard of Oz of hip hop. Minaj basically stood up and said live, on national television, that Azalea's act is nothing but a charade. it certainly casts doubt on the assertion Azalea spits in the very first line of "Fancy:" "First things first, I'm the realest." (Washington Post)
A few weeks ago, Nicki spoke out on financial publication Forbes claiming Iggy was atop the rap game.
"Ok, I'm reloaded," Nicki said in an interview. "Listen, all Forbes needs to worry about is my finances and when I'm going to be selling Myx Fusion for $250 million. That's all they need to worry about. We rely on hip hop journalism and blogs for THAT kind of information. So we appreciate that, but no thank you." ("The Breakfast Club")

No comments:

Post a Comment