Saturday, March 28, 2015

(TONIGHT!) WATCH: NE-YO’S INTIMATE PERFORMANCE ON TVONE

Ne-Yo fans are in for a treat this weekend as the singer-songwriter headlines TVone’s HelloBeautiful Interludes Live.

HelloBeautiful Interludes Live premieres Saturday, March 28th at 10PM/ET on TV One

Image result for ne yo tvoneThe Grammy-award winning artist recently performed at Los Angeles’ Congo Room and will share the experience in a one-hour special. The intimate concert features songs from Ne-Yo’s sixth studio album, Non-Fiction.

Read more on JetMag.com: http://www.jetmag.com/entertainment/watch-ne-yo-live-performance-tvone/#ixzz3VjiDprqu 



Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:00 pm
Kimberly C. Robert Entertainment Reporter
Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Ne-Yo headlines the next installment of “Hello Beautiful Interludes Live,” airing at 10 p.m., Saturday, March 28 on TV One.
Image result for ne yo tvone
Recorded before a live audience at the Conga Room in Los Angeles, the engaging one-hour special will feature performances from Ne-Yo’s sixth studio album titled “Non-Fiction,” a concept album that hearkens back to “music’s chivalrous era — one filled with soulful storytelling,” according to a TV One press release.
Ne-Yo has the audience “chair-dancing” and singing along during his sizzling session as he takes them on a journey through the album, which is described in the press release as a “musical collection of experiences, both real and fiction.”
“About half the songs on this album are based on the stories that were given to me by the fans,” Ne-Yo explained during an enlightening interview with host Smokey Fontaine.
He also shared the story of how he landed his first record deal, and how growing up in a house with eight women shaped his life and his career.
“If nothing else, it taught me the strength of a woman,” he said. “I think that’s why people feel I can write for women so well.”
The imaginative songwriter was quite amused as he shared the inspiration for Beyoncé’s hit, “Irreplaceable.”

Image result for ne yo tvoneOne of the most sought-after songwriters in the business, Ne-Yo is one of a generation of performers who was heavily influenced by Michael Jackson, and he was actually preparing to work with the late King of Pop when he met his untimely demise in 2009. Ne-Yo recalled a cherished conversation he had with Jackson saying, “He told me that he was really proud of the work that I was doing — I’ve yet to receive a greater compliment! And then he said that he wanted us to actually work together on some stuff. So I’m floating, I’m on Cloud Nine, and he said something that really stuck with me. He [said] ‘Music is like shapes and colors.’ That’s when I kind of mellowed out because when I’m thinking of a melody, it happens in a color or a shape. Like, different melodies have different colors, they have different shapes, and I thought I was the only person that saw it like that. So when he said it, I was like, ‘Did my management put you up to that?’ So we’re officially connected now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment